AI-Powered Search Engine Marketing
Significant decrease in the number of inbound leads from paid and organic search channels. The DigitalBrain marketing team was looking to boost their performance from SEM and discover new potential opportunities to increase leads organically.
Algocentric Digital designed a comprehensive digital program using AI-Powered search engine marketing to drive performance marketing further. We began by first auditing their search engine marketing efforts inside their Google Ads and Bing accounts to find potential issues with the account and discover new potential opportunities. This is a typical approach for us when we first begin to evaluate the state of affairs within an account and that’s where our digital program planning had lift-off.
We began by evaluating every campaign by taking a deep dive into the following components of the account, which have proven to be critical for the success of any Search Engine Marketing program:
- Does the account follow best practices in regard to account structure?
- Structure of every campaign, ad-group and the keywords within every campaign
- Keyword match types within every ad-group
- Evaluating how well keyword intent and ad copy match up to user’s search intent
- Uncovering the ratio of short to long-tail keywords in the whole account
- Checking if campaign settings are appropriate and following best practices
- Every campaign’s bid strategy settings and opportunities for using Machine Learning
- Ad rotation settings, scheduling, utilization of Responsive Search Ads and Expanded Text Ads
- Analytics Tracking, conversion tracking, and conversion architecture improvements
- Current quality score distribution analysis vs historical quality score performance
- Relative CTR analysis and how well does the account stack up against market KPIs
- Search impression share and budget allocation from low and to high-performing campaigns
- Bid adjustments on different devices
- Optimization history
- Utilization of various ad extensions according to Google’s best practices
- Negative Keywords and shared library negative keyword lists
- Are the Ad-Copy best practices followed?
- Obvious missed keyword opportunities with high intent
- High-level competitor analysis in the market
- Competitive metrics such as time spent on site and bounce rates
Designing a Search Engine Marketing program for DigitalBrain also depended on the account’s historical performance. Thus, a part of our strategy entailed selecting high intent keywords by finding the “hidden keyword gems” inside the search terms reports and through spy tools. This required third party spying software, expert PPC research skills with attention to ad copy detail, strong competitor trend examination with a focus on recent industry offer trends.
To solidify our strategy we also asked ourselves the following questions to ensure we set up the account for success:
- What are the obvious, high-intent log-tail missed keyword opportunities that they were not bidding on?
- Which keywords are being cannibalized by organic search or vice versa?
- Are there any obvious keyword culprits that are consuming a larger share of the budget that DigitalBrain could already be ranking well for organically?
- How do we incorporate the high performing keywords from our SEM program into an SEO strategy to ensure maximum conversion benefit?
- Are there any low performing keywords with low-Quality scores that are affecting the entire account performance across all campaigns?
- How do we stack up against the competition and how aggressive are they in certain categories that we are also looking to compete in?
AI-Powered Inbound Content Marketing for DigitalBrain
The design of our AI-Powered inbound content strategy for DigitalBrain was primarily based on the high performing keywords we uncovered in our SEM program. On top of that, we uncovered some quick easy wins that DigitalBrain’s competitors luckily missed out on. We positioned DigitalBrain as the obvious choice among competitors in the paid search space and this allowed us to use a similar approach with our inbound marketing program.
Providing highly valuable content that provides excellent insight into the prospect’s concerns based on their Google search intent was our main focus with our content strategy. Essentially, we provided highly engaging content that someone could share with their family in the form of ultimate guides, prime research posts, checklists, list-posts, and content that somebody could post to social media. The content was designed to inform the public about the potential pitfalls of bad dentistry practices, what one should look for in a dentist and what to expect with certain dental procedures.
Charging our content with emotional value and strategically placing call-to-action buttons throughout our blog posts to encourage them to request a demo from DigitalBrain, which was a part of the strategy as well. Having strategically placed social media buttons on every blog post meant we could utilize the power of social media to gain additional “free” traffic from various social media sources by encouraging website visitors to share valuable insights that weren’t available on the competitor’s blog posts. To power up the content and ensure it ranks faster and we stay ahead of our local competitor’s we also put a secondary focus on the following elements of local SEO:
- AI-Powered content optimizations around specific topics and keyword gaps
- Local ON-Page and OFF-Page optimizations
- Linking strategy and anchor text optimizations
- Structured data markups
- Link profile evaluation
- Social profile optimizations
- Focusing on the optimization of 20+ other critical SEO factors
Marketing outcomes and results:
We gained a substantial 3x increase in conversion rates on the SEM side with the same budget across Google and Bing. We ranked 25 high-volume, high-converting keywords on the first page of Google at the top 3 positions within 6 months.
Focusing on how to optimize landing pages for specific campaigns within the SEM program resulted in a two-fold increase in the number of conversions. This result came from us being able to remove distracting elements from landing pages and optimize them for specific intent.
We were able to 5x website demo inquiries from the organic channel as a result of using AI-Powered content platforms to push high-quality blog content optimized around specific topics.